Our houses are like a living creatures made up of components that keep them running safely and efficiently--much like our bodies. With an intricate system of veins (or in this case pipes and lines) running through, under, around our domiciles. When one of these lines becomes incapacitated, like the human body it can be something trivial like a drippy faucet (runny nose) or something gravely serious like a gas leak (internal bleeding) that can not only compromise the safety of you and your family but could potentially annihilate an entire cul-de-sac.
Don't worry, we're here to help. Carbon monoxide detectors are a must in EVERY home so we will assume you've done the right thing and had them installed. Gas, by nature, is odorless. It is a silent killer. Luckily there is an additive that smells like sulfur to let people know there is gas leaking from somewhere.
What should you do if you have a gas leak?
ACT IMMEDIATELY. TURN OFF THE GAS. CALL US. GET OUT OF THE HOME OR BUSINESS AND WAIT FOR THE CAVALRY TO COME. (That's us!)
A gas leak should be treated with the utmost seriousness. If you live in the Naperville-Plainfield-Aurora, Geneva-Batavia-St.Charles or Wheaton-Winfield-Warrenville-Glen Ellyn area, contact AquaTech Plumbing at 630-416-3555, 630-377-9555, or 630-462-3555 if your home or business has a gas leak.